Re: Running an executable after delivery?

2001-11-05 03:33:45
* Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+procmail(_at_)keyslapper(_dot_)org> [20011105 06:43]:
writing on the subject 'Re: Running an executable after delivery?'
| On 11/03/01 04:32 PM, Andrew Edelstein sat at the `puter and typed:
| > . . .
|
| I hate to  just hop in here  with my own issues, but  couldn't this be
| used to, say,  play a sound when a message  arrives that meets certain
| criteria? Kind of a way to get a new bell (bun intended) from existing
| functionality.
|
| > . . .
| >
| >     :0c:
| >     in-testing/
| >
| >     :0A
| >     |/mypath/wget -q http://mydomain.com/myscript.php
| >

| > . . .
|
| So, it would be something like this:
|
|   :0c:
|   in-testing/
|
|   :0A
|   * ^Subject:.*thought for the day
|   * ^From: .* johnnyboy(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)com>
|   |/usr/local/bin/waveplay /usr/X11R6/share/gnome/sounds/phone.wav

:0 hic
* ^Subject:.*thought for the day
* ^From: .* johnnyboy(_at_)somewhere(_dot_)com
| echo ^G

just an idea...

-Wash

--
                       /"\
Odhiambo Washington    \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign

And then, the Earth being small, mankind will migrate into space, and will
cross the airless Saharas which separate planet from planet and sun from sun.
The Earth will become a Holy Land which will be visited by pilgrims from all
the quarters of the Universe. Finally, men will master the forces of Nature;
they will become themselves architects of systems, manufacturers of worlds.
-Winwood Reade, "The Matrydom of Man"