Re: Sorry, repeatedly reallocing is inefficient

2001-11-10 10:54:22
Susan wrote,

| I am trying to install procmail to my virtual server
| and during testing for "Checking realloc
| implementation" I get the following message:
|
| "Sorry, repeatedly reallocing is inefficient"

That's not an error message but rather a report that procmail will be
configured not to bother reallocating repeatedly, since on your system it
won't do any good.

| Consequently, /man/man1/procmail.1 and
|               /man/man5/procmailrc.5
| do not extract and load.  (And God knows what else.)

There must be some other reason for that; I've compiled many versions of
procmail over the years on systems where repeated reallocation was deemed
inefficient.

| Does this mean I cannot use Procmail on my virtual
| server?

It doesn't mean that, but something else is in the way.  Are there any other
warnings?  Can you share the whole script outptut of the compilation
process?