Re: MATCH operator and subject adjustment

2001-11-11 11:33:41
PSE-L(_at_)mail(_dot_)professional(_dot_)org (Professional Software
Engineering) writes:

At 07:54 2001-11-11 -0800, Harry Putnam wrote:
This may be another case of not having pounded theh Docs enough but

.. or the list archives.  There's always been lots of talk about
tweaking the subject line (such as adding listnames and such, which is
the same principle you're talking about).

I should have thought of that.  It didn't really click that those
manipulations would use the same techniques.

But maybe because of the clear way you laid it out, other
inexperienced users will see the examples when they have sense enough
to browse the archives...

[...] Snipped prompt and useful ideas, techniques

Many thanks.

Those man pages would never have allowed me to understand the syntax
neccessary.  Your examples speak volumes.