Re: Extraneous ignore-write-error flag ignored

2001-11-14 11:44:24

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Martin McCarthy wrote:

After moving to this version I noted that there were a number of
errors of "procmail: Extraneous ignore-write-error flag ignored"  in
my log file.  I looked through the code to see why this warning is
occurring but was unable to determine what this warning was or why it
was occurring.

It will be much easier to offer help if you show us the logs and the
recipes that are causing this error to be logged.

Here is one user where I am seeing the errors which only has one recipe.
Another user has a much more complex set of recipes and parsing script,
both have the same problem so its probably easiest to find the issue in
the simple case.    :)

I've also attached a copy of the abuse-proc_deliver script.

Here is the .procmailrc

MAILDIR=/var/spool/mail/abuse-proc      # You'd better make sure it exists
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/log                    # Go to the spool
LOCKFILE=$HOME/.lockmail                # The default lock file
VERBOSE=off
:0:deliver.abuse
| /home/system/abuse-proc/abuse-proc_deliver

Here are two entries from the log (I've changed the From and Subject to
protect the innocent)

procmail: Extraneous ignore-write-error flag ignored