Re: Extraneous ignore-write-error flag ignored

2001-11-14 12:29:01
At 10:40 2001-11-14 -0800, Andrew Dul wrote:

> It will be much easier to offer help if you show us the logs and the
> recipes that are causing this error to be logged.

Here is one user where I am seeing the errors which only has one recipe.

Perhaps something that forwards to an address or delivers into a file, rather than piping into a program?

Without a concrete example of the script causing the problem (as per the VERBOSE logs), it's all a guessing game.

Here, you're piping into a program, but we don't know what that program is. From the logs, because procmail is mentioned by path, I'm going to deduce that the script is INVOKING PROCMAIL ON ANOTHER SCRIPT, where the error may (probably) be...

Here are two entries from the log (I've changed the From and Subject to
protect the innocent)

[snip]

Conveniently, this isn't a VERBOSE log, so it doesn't pair up the warning with the specific ruleset. Turn VERBOSE on, fire a message off to yourself, and check the log. If you open your office window before doing this, we should all be able to hear the smack of your hand against your forehead (or your forehead repeatedly against your desktop) when it springs on you.

If for some reason you don't want to use VERBOSE, you can selectively wrap parts of the script (or "stage" them), with LOG lines:

LOG="start section 1
"

#some rule or includerc

LOG="begin section 2
"

etc. Then see between which set of log entries the warning/error is being emitted.