Re: Kind of functions in procmail

2001-11-20 09:49:19
At 15:18 2001-11-20 +0100, heddy Boubaker wrote:

   after my filtering rules by a kind of procmail function. I've 10 rules
    that help me remove spams and if the conditions are slightly differents
    all the 10 have the same action part (see above),

The scripting I provided should work for you.

   to define a kind of function/macro that I'll use in the action part of my
    10 rules. I know the meaning of E and A flags and I know, Paul, the
    testing mechanism on variables but I wanted to keep the efficiency of the
    my current config (the final delivery asap), that's why a function

There are no "functions" in procmail.  It's a linear language.

The closest you're likely to get to a macro is using an includerc, but you need to define the params you're going to use in it, and you're opening a file repeatedly (even if it gets cached). The code I provided, with the 'E' flags, should be indistinguishable in speed from the rolled-out code.