Re: procmail segmentation fault

2001-11-28 12:00:54
At 12:44 2001-11-28 +0100, Warly wrote:
Sorry I did not manage to subscribe to procmail development mailing list

The _users_ list isn't going to provide you with any code fixes to procmail.

with this .procmailrc:

Is this the ONLY thing in procmailrc, or is this merely the recipe which it happens to appear to fail on?

:0 Wfh
| false

Obviously a construct intended to fail. I presume you arrived at this while reducing the error condition for simplicity?

Procmail segfaults:

procmail version number? Perhaps you're running an ancient version with a known problem? Or a current beta with an unknown problem?

OS platform and version?

System resources?

Since the rule does nothing with the message, have you tried piping a controlled file content into it (something everyone here could easily produce without you emailing us your mailbox). Say:

test message

(one line, including the newline). Also, copy the procmailrc to a separate .rc file and invoke it via:

        procmail -m faulttest.rc < testmessage

And verify that the problem persists.

Since procmail appears to get _past_ the executuon of "false", how about you include something like:

LOG="got here
"

after the filter? This would give you some indication as to whether it is puking within the delivery attempt, or sometime after the rule (which may be indicative of some trailing garbage in your .rc file?)

procmail: Error while writing to "false"
procmail: Rescue of unfiltered data succeeded
Segmentation fault
[a(_at_)proca a]$

FTR, v3.15.2 doesn't seem to have this problem, but then, I didn't replace my .procmailrc with your script, I executed it as a standalone script using the commandline presented above. In the chaotic world of bugs, this could significatly change the parameters of the failure.