Re: errormessage back to sendmail

2001-11-28 12:01:16
At 17:46 2001-11-28 +0100, Peter Pilsl wrote:
If the perlscript fails or decides not to accept the mail it returns
exitstatus 1. procmail checks for this exitstatus and returns 1 itself to
sendmail and so the  mail is sent back to the original sender.

It's a good idea to use EXITCODEs which are understood by the calling program.

        see: /usr/include/sysexits.h

It is likely that you want to use EX_NOUSER (you'll need to use the numeric, which is 67). The MTA will use it's own message.