Slightly OT: Stripping Attachments

2001-11-28 23:37:56

    This is slightly OT to procmail, but I don't know where else to ask.

    Does anyone know of some program I can drop between my MTA and LDA that
will scan an incoming message for (MIME) attachments, strip them off, drop them
into a (predefined) URL accessible address, stick a pointer in the message and
pass it on to the LDA for delivery?

    Basically something that does what the list program Listar (www.listar.org)
does.  I don't want to change my list program to Listar, but I would like the
same kind of functionality (as described above).

    I'm sure someone can come up with some complicated procmail way of doing
this, but I'm hoping someone might know of a program that can do this
easier...maybe faster.

--
H | "Life is the art of drawing without an eraser." - John Gardner
  Ashley M. Kirchner <mailto:ashley(_at_)pcraft(_dot_)com>   .   303.442.6410