Re: If VARIABLE = (this|orthis|orthat)

2001-11-29 21:02:37
Sean wrote,

| (It still seems weird to think that there would be a newline at the top of
| the message - say the From_ line, or at any other line).

That's why we call those surrounding newlines putative: they aren't really
there in the text or in the variable, but procmail proceeds as if they were
there.

| To take advantage of the extended character class for address
| encapsulation, one has to revert to using BOL and EOL anchors anyway, as
| posted in my earlier message (and which doesn't make use of the \< \>
| macros anyway):
|
| :0:
| * SENDER ?? $ (^|[^-a-zA-Z0-9_.])($matchaddr)($|[^-a-zA-Z0-9_.])
| test.ok

Yes, but that is necessary because (\<) and (\>) will match periods and
hyphens (which we want to exclude), not because they wouldn't match the
newlines (which we want to include); they *will* match newlines.

| I think I should take a vacation from the list and perhaps come back in a
| month.

Or you could take a vacation from whatever has been wearing you out.
Goodness knows I could use one.