Re: Delete a specific EXE

2001-11-30 13:36:09
At 2:31 PM -0500 11/30/01, Sam Morris is rumored to have typed:

I have read the man pages and everything I can find regarding procmail.

   Mr. Ross was trying to tell you that it's pretty apparent you did not.

I hope this list is one where people unfamiliar with the program can
actually get help rather than being told to rtfm.

   Sometimes the appropriate answer _is_ to RTFM, particularly in instances
which are covered pretty clearly there. But if you insist, I will _directly_
answer your question.

At 02:25 PM 11/30/2001 -0500, Dallman Ross wrote:
From: Sam Morris <sam(_at_)loganet(_dot_)net>

Is there a way using procmail that I can send mail with a specific
attachment name to /dev/null?

   Yes, there is.

   Now to expand (since I seriously considered stopping there), the method
for filtering is discussed clearly in the man pages, which I suggest you
_carefully_ read, particularly the sections that discuss how to filter on the
body, and how regex works within a procmail recipe. There is also some
discussion of this issue in the FAQ, pointed to from the main procmail.org
website.

   Also, of course, since this _is_ a FAQ, there has been _much_ discussion
of this issue and related ones on this mailing list; check the searchable
archives (again, pointed to directly from the main procmail.org website)
before asking the same quesitons that have been asked before; it'll save you
some embarassment.

   If you are instead asking me to write the recipies _for_ you instead of
pointing you to where you may learn how to do it yourself (as Mr. Ross did)
and advising you _after_ you've done so, I must respectfully decline, since I
have my own work to take care of. As do we all.

         Charlie Summers