Re: variable=| not assigned to STDOUT

2001-12-10 13:51:49
At 11:30 2001-12-10 -0800, Mark J. Bynum wrote:

I have a simple test example that should return the standard out of
a program into SCR but doesn't. I have no idea why. In the PERL script

:0 Wi
SCR=| /u/bynum/spam/rbl-check3.pl -all

See below.  Also, try following this by:

LOG="results were:[$SCR]
"

If you want to see the full assignment.

procmail: Executing "/u/bynum/spam/rbl-check3.pl,-all"
procmail: Assigning "SCR="
-osirusoft returns 127.0.0.2 for 198.5.241.40, mail is probably spam.
procmail: Non-zero exitcode (25) from "/u/bynum/spam/rbl-check3.pl"

That "non-zero" line should afford you a clue. Read about the W flag you're using under 'man procmailrc'. If you don't care about the result code, don't use the W flag. Also, if the script is only checking headers (I would guess that it does), add the 'h' flag just so you're passing along less crud to it (esp. if the script doesn't have sense enough of it's own to discern between header and body and perhaps scans the whole input for ^From or whatnot).