Re: trusted ids for `-f'

2001-12-11 15:39:53
Doug wrote,

| This means that I typically have to pay special
| attention when building procmail for myself so that I can use the
| `-f' option without cluttering my mail.

There are always a number of things I want to change in the source before I
compile a new version of procmail, such as making sure that the default
values for ORGMAIL and PATH come out where they belong on that system, that
procmail doesn't even *think* of using any kernel-locking strategies but
only dotlocking, and yes, that anyone can use -f.  So I keep diff files
around and just remember to run patch with them before compiling a new
version.  That beats the heck out of running an editor on the source code
every time and is a lot easier to remember than keeping track of every
single change that needs to be made.