Re: Q: When locking report looks different in the log

2001-12-12 11:24:27
At 18:01 2001-12-12 +0200, Udi Mottelo wrote:
   [ First I apologize for my poor english ]

Your English is loads better than my Hebrew, which is nonexistant.

   Of course, if I add ":" to recipe which calls sed(1) it     reports
    the: "Extraneous locallockfile ignored"

You don't show the recipe, so you force us to guess what you're doing. My guess is:

:0:
* some general condition
{
        somethingelse

        :0:
        mailbox
}

If your recipe looks like this, eliminate the ":" from the outtermost brace (above "some general condition"), because that's "extraneous". Unless you know otherwise, in each individual recipe which outputs to a file, you should provide locking.