Large e-mail files and high system load

2001-12-13 02:14:14
Hi,

First off, I'm a newbie procmail user. I've enjoyed procmail and found it very useful. I have a mail server that is mostly used to distribute mailing lists and filter various attachments. Large e-mails are causing the system load to spike quite high now as the number of rules increase in the .procmailrc file. What is the most efficient way to determine the size of a file (> 500K) and simply send it off ASAP to the intended recipient thus avoiding further procmail and razord processing?