Re: Large e-mail files and high system load

2001-12-13 11:16:39
Bill Allaire asked,
 What is the most efficient way to determine
 the size of a file (> 500K) and simply send it off ASAP to the intended
 recipient thus avoiding further procmail and razord processing?

A review of the processing being performed on the mailing list messages might be in order as well (do you want to ignore the possibility that some numnutz has sent a 500K+ message addressed to a mailing list?). If you're performing multiple body scans of messages for the purpose of dealing with mailing lists, those rules would be better off being moved to reside within a user account to which the mailing lists are sent through, so that they don't get invoked for every message passing through the server (which would include the LARGE ones being sent to regular users).