more on procmail on cygwin

2001-12-17 01:20:51
Using the fetchmail and procmail executables for cygwin at
http://www.dd.iij4u.or.jp/~madokam/, I was able to download mail
from a mail server and filter them into mail folders for reading
with mutt on a Windows 98 machine.

I seemed to be having problems with mailbox corruption with the
sample fetchmailrc at the site above, so I used

mda "/usr/bin/procmail -f %F -m /home/lang/.procmailrc -d %T"
# mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d %T"   # pass message to the local MDA
                                  # (Procmail in this case.)

The -f flag to rewrite the ^From line, and the -m one to quiet the
"not able to write /var/spool/mail/lang" message.

But before doing this, I had been moving the messages around my
mail folders with procmail so, perhaps the sample fetchmailrc does
work.

--
Greg Matheson
Chinmin College Taiwan