RE: Recipe matching

2001-12-17 09:17:23
From: David W. Tamkin

First Udi wrote,

| > Unfortunately, "\>" takes more characters including ".", it would
| > not help in this case.  Try this: "[ >$]"

Inside brackets, "$" represents a literal dollar sign, not a
newline.  What
would work is ([     ]|$) -- the brackets enclose a space and a tab -- or
( |    |$) -- the first blank being a space, the second a tab.

Damn.  I should have noticed that - especially since I have such
recipes myself.

But, as you saw and noticed:

Dallman wrote,

| (I added an h, because we don't need to inspect the body in your
| recipes.)

`h' (without `b') prevents writing the body; `H' (without `B' --
though the
default is H without B) is what prevents inspecting the body.  For those
recipes, `H' is unnecessary and `h' is poisonous.

I'm blowing it.  I'm beat.  I'm tired.  I need a vacation.  Thanks
for reminding me how faulty my knowledge sometimes is.  :)  Now,
if I could only summon sufficient humility, I'd feel better about
myself.  But instead, I just want to go crawl in a hole and sleep
for about 16 hours.  I think I'll go find in the archives the list
messages I missed when I trashed my mail this weekend (see other
post).

        :-/

--
dman (who can't even type anymore, because he keeps switching
between German and U.S. keyboards every four hours.  Sheesh!)