Re: .procmailrc + .maildelivery

2001-12-17 12:16:17
At 12:09 2001-12-17 -0500, peter(_at_)compclass(_dot_)com wrote:
I have searched through about every piece of FAQ and doc I can find but I
cannot find an answer to this question. I want to be able to have a
.maildelivery (prior to .forward'ing to procmail was working fine) process
messages in addition to procmail.

I don't follow that you're saying that "prior to .forward'ing ... was working fine". What config were you running prior to forwarding?

If you want to do something with a copy of a message, you could simply so something like:

:0ci
|maildelivery-program

(provided that the maildelivery program just take the message on stdin)

I'd also appreciate a quick recipe suggestion to have a message body string like "thisword" cause this message to get dumped into the trash.

:0:
: B ?? thisword
trash

(test before changing trash into /dev/null - at which time you can remove the lockfile flag)

Scanning every message body for "thisword" isn't going to be "quick" though.