Re: Delivery to pipe from variable

2001-12-26 21:20:09
John Hardin wrote,

| Possible bug report from a user, I haven't looked at it yet.
|
| Setting a variable to "| blahblahblah" and executing a rule:
|
|   :0
|   $THATVARIABLE
|
| Does not fire off a pipe as you'd hope. Instead it delivers to a file
| named "| blahblahblah".

It's true.  Usually it comes up when someone tries to set DEFAULT to a pipe
or to "! other(_at_)add(_dot_)ress" and finds it doesn't work as expected.

| Is this considered a bug or a feature?

That's a matter of opinion.  It probably simplifies the code and thus bogs
procmail down less, but it occasionally does annoy a user such as the one
who reported it to you.