2 separate mailboxes for each mail list

2001-12-28 02:33:38
What I'm trying to do is to keep archives of mailing lists apart from
recent posts. I already have my mail sorted by Procmail into separate
folders, now I want to split each folder in 2 - current mail stays in
current folder and all messages that are for at least 1 month old go
to a single gzipped file that I wouldn't use too often (just for a
reference).
I think of keeping something like <list name> and <list name>.arc.gz
for each subscribed mail list.

Perhaps my message should be marked off-topic as I'm not sure if this task
could be handled by Procmail or perhaps some shell script running as a cron
job that would cat old messages into separate archive - I just couldn't
find any sane example for similar task anywhere on the net.

--
Oleg Kourapov | Linux user #245698 http://counter.li.org
Moscow, RU    | LFS user #1212     http://www.linuxfromscratch.org