this recipe generating a one-byte email message...

2001-12-30 12:37:26
Hi all,

I'm wondering if someone has an idea about the following recipe.  It works
as intended except that it is also mailing me a one byte e-mail message.

I'm not very procmail proficient but what I am trying to do is to simply
change the Subject line on certain email messages (from a firewall) and
resend the email to somewhere else.

The recipe works in that the message with the rewritten SUBJECT line is sent
to the new location.  However, I am getting a one byte email message sent to
me as well.

You will notice the last line (commented out).  When I put the message in a
file, it all looks fine.  It's only when I use the formail / sendmail line
that I have problems.

BTW, I am using the "SENDMAIL" that is packaged with qmail.

Thanks for any tips on this.

Dave

#
# DWV 12/27/01 - this code is primarily for www.dshield.org firewall
# submissions.  I need to change the subject line on warnings from the
# SonicWall firewall and submit them to dshield.org
#

TAG = ""
HEADERS = '^Subject:(.*\<)?'

:0
* $ ${HEADERS}test123
{
    TAG = "test message match"
}

:0cE
* $ ${HEADERS}ALERT from SonicWALL
{
    TAG = "FORMAT SONICWALL USERID 12345678 TZ +00:00"
}

# now, if TAG is set, insert it into the subject

:0 fw
*   ^Subject: *\/[^ ].*
| $FORMAIL -I "Subject: $TAG" | $SENDMAIL sonicwall(_at_)dshield(_dot_)org
#$DVMAIL/test