Questions on using procmail globally

2002-01-02 20:14:52
Hello all

I am something of a newbie so please be kind.
I have postfix running as my MTA and can use procmail on a per user basis. I
now want to set up procmail globally to filter out the obvious spam.
I have had success in doing this but I do have these questions.

I want all the spam I filter to go to a folder so I can visually inspect it
on occasion before it gets deleted permanently.

I created a SPAM file in the /home directory and this works but the only way
I can get procmail to write to it is if I make the file 666. I would rather
not have the file world writeable.

If there is a better way, please let me know.

Thanks

Anthony