Problem with regex and backreferences

2002-01-06 17:32:52
Hi,
I've read around the regex info for procmail, and I've not been able to solve my problem,despite using regex in perl for a long time, but I do appreciate they are different - I'm just not sure exactly how :-)

What I want to do is to catch all emails coming in to

subscribe-(.*)@domain.com

forwarded to subscribe(_at_)domain(_dot_)com with the regex match in the
subject.

What I've got so far is:

:0
^TO_subscribe-(.*)@domain.com
| formail -k -X "From: " \
                -I "Subject: \1" -X "Subject: " \
                -I "To: subscribe(_at_)domain(_dot_)com" -X "To: " \
                -I "X-Loop: procmail(_at_)domain(_dot_)com" -X "X-Loop" \
   | $SENDMAIL $SENDMAILFLAGS -t

This does forward the mail, but does not capture the regex match

I've also tried using $1 instead of \1 for the variable - no difference.

Thanks,
Andy Peacock