RE: Forwarding of mails and keeping a copy locally

2002-01-08 09:52:36
Thank you for your guidance Tjl.

So something like this is correct too?

### Filter Spams to $MAILDIR/spam
:0
* .*(pm0\.net|\
        em5000\.net|\
        postmasterdirect\.com|\
        doubleclick\.net|\
        vmware\.m0\.net|\
        other\.domain\.com)
$MAILDIR/spam

--Moonshi

-----Original Message-----
From: procmail-admin(_at_)Lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
[mailto:procmail-admin(_at_)Lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE] On Behalf Of
Timothy J. Luoma
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2002 12:11 AM
To: procmail(_at_)Lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
Subject: Re: Forwarding of mails and keeping a copy locally

I am now advancing to "forward" my emails to another account via
"procmail". Am I right to do it the following way?

## Forward a copy of mails from these domains and keep a copy
locally
:0c:
* .*techtarget\.com|cisco-personal-updates(_at_)cisco\(_dot_)com

! any(_at_)domain(_dot_)com

Well, you defintely need to remove the blank line, and I
would put some header there (Like From: and maybe "return
path") and you need to put the domains in ( ) and I
personally prefer to put them one per line so you can add
other domains more easily, and it is more readable

Your current example does not need a local lockfile (the :
after the :0c).

So I would write it as:

:0c
* ^(From|Return-Path):.*(techtarget\.com|\
                         someotherdomainhere\.com|\
                         cisco-personal-updates(_at_)cisco\(_dot_)com)
! any(_at_)domain

If I were then going to put it in a special local folder, say
"ForwardedMessages" I would code it like this

:0
* ^(From|Return-Path):.*(techtarget\.com|\
                         someotherdomainhere\.com|\
                         cisco-personal-updates(_at_)cisco\(_dot_)com)
{

            # Store a local copy first
            :0c:
            ForwardedMessages

            ! any(_at_)domain
}

(you could also do this other ways, this is just my
preference.  For example I don't like the 'a' flag because I
find it more difficult to scan through my .procmailrc and
look at 'chunks' when I can't see bracketed sections
together.  It also lets me comment things how I like to do so)

TjL