RE: Forwarding of mails and keeping a copy locally

2002-01-08 10:55:57
Hi Tjl,

On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, Timothy J. Luoma wrote:

Thank you for your guidance Tjl.

I've received plenty, glad to help.  I'm on the procmail list,
however, so there is no need to CC me personally

Thank you once again. Will stop my Cc: on replies. Msg acknowledged.

So something like this is correct too?

### Filter Spams to $MAILDIR/spam
:0
* .*(pm0\.net|\
        em5000\.net|\
        postmasterdirect\.com|\
        doubleclick\.net|\
        vmware\.m0\.net|\
        other\.domain\.com)
$MAILDIR/spam

That *might* work but a few notes:

1) You don't have any headers listed.  Is this intentional?  I would
re-write the second line as:

  * ^(From|Reply-To|Return-Path).*(pm0\.net|\

2) You don't need to specify $MAILDIR/spam.  Just use 'spam' (without
quotes)

3) Don't forget the lockfile (change :0 to :0:)

TjL

I have changed my settings to add the headers as recommended by you. It's
working great, trapping the "spams".

Thank you.

--Moonshi