Re: Procmail Multiple-Spam Catcher Recipe?

2002-01-16 11:46:05
| Many thanks for showing me how to express "or" (by "|" with
| parentheses around the whole string of addresses). My recipe works now
| (well, with the deletion of the relevant "#" signs).

You're welcome, Kenneth.

| Now, is there a way to break my very long line of "|"-delimited
| addresses into multiple lines of screen width? A carriage return,
| unfortunately, results in the creation of long folder name in pine!

Use backslashes: if an unescaped backslash is the last character on a line
(be sure that there is no whitespace to the right of it), procmail will
ignore it, the newline, and any indentation on the next line.  For example,

 * ^From:.*(idiot|jerk|ass|nitwit|\
            fool|creep|twit|whiner|\
            nutjob|bastard|dipwad)@\
            mcimail\.cs\.mcmaster\.ca

is equivalent to

* ^From:.*(idiot|jerk|ass|nitwit|fool|creep|twit|whiner|\
            nutjob|bastard|dipwad)@mcimail\.cs\.mcmaster\.ca

or to stringing it all on one line, which my MUA won't let me illustrate.