Error while writing to file

2002-01-18 01:34:09

Hi,

On my Debian 3.0 system I started getting procmail errors this morning:

        procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=postfix-users"
        procmail: Opening "postfix-users"
        procmail: Acquiring kernel-lock
        procmail: Error while writing to "postfix-users"
        procmail: Truncated file to former size
        procmail: Unlocking "postfix-users.lock"

The "postfix-users" file is 51199395 bytes in size and my procmail version is:

        procmail v3.22 2001/09/10
                Copyright (c) 1990-2001, Stephen R. van den Berg
<srb(_at_)cuci(_dot_)nl>
                Copyright (c) 1997-2001, Philip A. Guenther
<guenther(_at_)sendmail(_dot_)com>

        Submit questions/answers to the procmail-related mailinglist by sending
to:
                <procmail-users(_at_)procmail(_dot_)org>

        And of course, subscription and information requests for this list to:
                <procmail-users-request(_at_)procmail(_dot_)org>

        Locking strategies:     dotlocking, fcntl()
        Default rcfile:         $HOME/.procmailrc
                It may be writable by your primary group
        Your system mailbox:    /var/mail/ldm

Kernel is:

        Linux zenon 2.4.17zenon #5 Thu Jan 17 12:57:19 CET 2002 i686 unknown

What could be wrong there?

--
    OENONE: Mais si jamais l'offense irrita vos esprits,
            Pouvez-vous d'un superbe oublier les mépris ?