RE: modifying spambouncer

2002-01-19 14:47:05
I just started using procmail and spambouncer the other day also, and I
got the same error message about the backup folder.  Actually, on her
website, she explicitly says you should make sure those directories
exist.  And there is in fact an error in the script, which I solved by
using the following:

# Create a backup cache of 100 most recent messages in case of mistakes
:0 c
backup

  :0 ic
  | cd ${HOME}/Mail/backup && rm -f dummy `ls -t msg.* | sed -e 1,100d`

which did the trick.  I figured out that it just wasn't in the right
relative directory to issue a 'cd' and have 'backup' be right there.
This solved my problem.  Hope it helps, and I hope its right?!  I figure
if you really know what you're doing then you could issue a 'test'
command and use the exit code to figure out if it already exists, if not
have it created.  That would work on a multi-user system, but I only
retrieve mail for two users, so I just created them by hand.

-Dave T.