Re: subject and formail

2002-01-19 19:52:08
At 20:55 2002-01-19 -0500, Landy Roman wrote:
would like to see an example of a recipe rejecting subject is blank

From the procmail archives, using the search keywords shown below (which were the first things that sprung to mind):

and

and replying with formail
[having problems with my recipe on picking an empty subject]
with a false 'from' from me.

A false "From_" (envelope) would be accomplished by an argument to sendmail. A false From: (regular header) is easily accomplished with formail.

Assuming that you've selected an appropriate subject match condition (as per the above links, or others in the archives - this has literally been beaten to death already), then for your delivery action, you might use:

|( formail -rt -I "From: nobody(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)tld" ;\
        cat somemessage.txt ) | $SENDMAIL -t -fnobody(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)tld

(before forwarding anything, you should check for, and really consider adding an X-Loop header - again, this is covered in quite some detail repeatedly in the archives).

i look thru the archive but could not make sense of it

"subject blank empty"

Handily finds such threads as "forward blank or empty subjects" and various other messages which seem rather appropriate to your request. Two appropriate messages are linked above. I suggest you consider how to select viable search terms - the same process works for web searches as well.

also,  any good tutorials on formail  out there

The formail manpage and the various procmail faqs ?