Re: Matching recipe

2002-01-20 11:52:00
Ashley asked,

|     I need a recipe that will do the following:
|
|     If the Return-Path: is a specified email address
|       AND the From: address matches one of a set list of domain names
|       OR the To: address does _not_ match one of a set list of addresses
|       -> send it to /dev/null
|     otherwise let it pass...
|
|     The list of domain names to match the From: address with can
| (and probably will) be rather large.  As for the To: address, that won't
| be a lot.

Unfortunately, your question is ambiguous and you'll have to clear something
up first.  Do you want to trash the message if

 To: fails to match any of the approved addresses

or do you want to trash it if

 (From: is among those domains OR To: fails to match any of the approved
  addresses)

Also, if a domain is listed for the From: test, should subdomains of it also
count, or are they exempt unless they're stated specifically?  For example,
if your list of domains for the From: test includes foo.com but doesn't
include here.foo.com, should babble(_at_)here(_dot_)foo(_dot_)com be considered
a match?