Korean spam

2002-01-22 14:33:50
Hi,

I have a problem that I have not had any luck finding
a solution for already posted on the net anywhere.  I
have a user who is getting a lot of spam from Korean
sites, and I have set him up with procmail to try and
solve this.  I have seen methods to block all Korean
email, but that will not work in this case.  He gets
legitimate Korean email as well as the spam.

I have tried cutting and pasting the text of subject
lines and pieces of text into the appropriate procmail
recipes, but somewhere between the translation from
actual Korean characters, to funny-looking ASCII
characters, to (I think) Unicode, the ability of
procmail to recognize what I want to block seems to
be lost.

Any ideas?

TIA,
Martha
mschaefer(_at_)astro(_dot_)as(_dot_)utexas(_dot_)edu

Dr. Martha W. Schaefer
Unix Administrator
McDonald Observatory
The University of Texas at Austin