Best way to collect multipop mail?

2002-01-25 00:04:52
Hello,

** Please reply direct to ian(_at_)ichilton(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk **

At the moment, I have a domain say mydomain.com which is hosted on my MX
server running postfix. Any mail for *(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com gets put into 1
mailbox which I can collect by pop3.

Every hour an NT box running MDaemon dials up, collects the mail from
that pop3 mailbox and filters it into users (i.e mail to
ian(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com
goes into the ian mailbox, fred(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com goes into the fred
mailbox
and anything else goes to the postmaster user).

We were suposed to be getting a cable modem, so we built a linux box
with postfix and we were going to smtp the mail straight from the mx box
to this box on the cable modem so I have all the users setup ready.

However, turns out now that we can't get cable modems on that estate so
we are back to dialup :-(

I want to use this linux box to connect to the mx box, collect mail from
that single pop3 mailbox, filter it and send it to the users on the
machine.

The only way I can think of doing this is to collect the mail with
fetchmail, sending it to a user called mailsort. Then in
/home/mailsort/.procmailrc, I have stuff like:

* ^TO_ian@
/var/mail/ian

* ^TO_fred@
/var/mail/fred