Re: Malformed RFC822 headers - continuation lines not indented

2002-01-26 11:18:51
John Hardin wrote,

| For example:
|
|      Properheader: blahblahblah
|              continuation line properly indented
|      Malformedheader: blahblahblah
|      continued header not indented
|      another unindented header continuation line

| Question: does procmail deal gracefully with RFC822 headers malformed
| in this manner?

Define "grace."  Formail would certainly consider "continued header not
indented" to be the start of the body and would insert an empty line above
it unless you invoke formail with the -f option, perhaps even then.  I don't
know offhand whether a procmail recipe with either `h' or `b' but not both
would consider "continued header not indented" the start of the body or
would look for an empty line: my hunch is the latter.

I think it calls for some experimenting.