Re: Extracting Sender's Email Address Only

2002-01-30 17:01:57
On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 04:27:10PM -0500, Derek Battams wrote:
I'm sure this has been asked many times previously, but I don't see
anything in the FAQ addressing this.  I'd like to extract the sender's
email address only and compare it to a blacklist.  I can extract the
From: header using formail, of course, but I want to eliminate everything
but the email address.

You're right, this is in the FAQ. See "How do I ...?
... trim down the From: field to just user(_at_)host?"

In Era's mini-FAQ at
http://www.ling.helsinki.fi/users/reriksso/procmail/mini-faq.html

--
Andrew Edelstein        -       andrew(_at_)pure-chaos(_dot_)com
"If you're not pissed off at the world then you're just not paying attention."