formail segfault on sorting duplicates

2002-01-30 23:40:24
hi all

i have tons of mbox files from serveral mailers such as mutt and kmail
which i want to merge back together using formail, mainly to sort out
duplicates.

i thought using the following command on all my mailbox files would do the
job (with all files being in the same directory)

formail -D 3276800 ./msgid.cache -s < ./inbox >>filtered_inbox

but it brings me a "segmentation fault" always stopping at the msgid.cache
filesize being 337809 bytes. swapdisk is 800M, ram is 512M, should all be
enough -- allthough the mailbox size is around 2GB

testing with another mailbox file, it stops on some other position. i even
checked everything with -q- option, but it's not giving more information
except "segmentation fault"

but maybe this is a formail-bug; i am using version  v3.22 2001/09/10

thanks for every help on that as i am trying to get around this for quite a
while noe

greetings
matthias tarasiewicz