RE: procmail and metamail

2002-02-03 05:09:22
On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Mauro Bardini wrote:

Sorry, I tried with you suggestion but doesn't wotk.
If you are able to do what I'm looking for can you snip some rows of your
configuration file
Thanks
Mauro

        procmail call the metamail from a script:

    :0 fw
    | /etc/local/bin/isvirus

    :0 H
    * ^This message
    /dev/null
}

        Now, in the script "isvirus":

METAMAIL_TMPDIR=$dir
export METAMAIL_TMPDIR
sed '/^Content.*multipart\/alternative/s/\/alternative/\/mixed/' |\
  /usr/bin/metamail -r -y -w -q -x 2>/dev/null

/usr/local/f-prot/f-prot -archive -dumb -silent $dir

        1>  The f-prot is an antivirus which check all the files in "$dir"
            and I use its return-status later.

        2>  Note that I chang the "alternative" mime-type to be "mixed"
            (but I think it is not very necessary while using "-y")

        3>  Other thing that is unecessary (:-):  The new f-prot (311b)
            dose not need the metamail, it scans messages with MIME format
            (base64 or quoted-printable)  and UUCODE)

Bye,
 Udi