Re: collection rule

2002-02-03 13:06:08
At 21:00 2002-02-03 +0200, nimrod cohen wrote:
How can I make a rule that will collect all the mail that his smtp
address is wrong

You'll need to clarify what it is you're asking for. Unless you have hacked your sendmail.cf to invoke procmail from sendmail rulsets (*NOT* as LDA), then procmail will *NEVER* be invoked. When procmail is used as the LDA, it is ONLY invoked when SENDMAIL determines that the message is for a local recipient.

Just a couple of days ago I posted a message about procmail invocation from sendmail rulsets, wherein I invited commentary from users who were already using such facilities. I've seen no responses to that request. My general impression is that there are VERY few people actually utilizing procmail in such an environment, probably in no small part due to the higher processor cost in handling the mail in that fashion.

You might want to read my writeup, then trot off to a sendmail support forum (such as news:comp.mail.sendmail) to inquire about what ruleset(s) you'd stuff a rule into to invoke the procmail mailer so that you can do whatever it is you're trying to accomplish.

DO NOT send me requests for more information about my writeup - it really is there awaiting input from others who already understand the process.