Passing mail through a filter...$$$...Help!!

2002-02-11 23:31:22
Greetings,

I am new to procmail and am having some trouble.  I am willing to pay for any
assistance provided based on a reasonable rate and a much higher competency of
Procmail than what I have.  Please respond to
mcgee5(_at_)mindspring(_dot_)com(_dot_)  Here is my problem...

I want ALL mail that comes into my server passed through a program I wrote
called "filter."  Basically, this program takes a filename as input and then
filters the file and outputs another file with the filtration in place.
Ideally, I would like all mail that the server picks up passed through this
filter.  I'm assuming what it needs to do is just open the mail file when it
gets the email, pass it through the filter, and re-save it.  This program
replaces certain words etc.  It works VERY well so I do not want to change any
of the things that control the way it works.  FYI, I'm using Sendmail as the
mail transfer agent.  I want to set things up so that ALL POP users on my
server have this filter in place.

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.  I'm assuming editing of the
.procmailrc file is what needs to be done.  Sendmail is configured to pass the
mail directly to procmail already and procmail is working.  If you're willing
to go so far as to write the RC files, then I'm certainly willing to pay.  I
also would be interested in someone doing some procmail work for me from time
to time for a reasonable rate....fairly simple stuff to someone knowledgeable.

Thanks,
Jeremy McGee