Re: Issues with formail autoresponder and Sendmail 8.12.2..

2002-02-12 21:17:29
At 21:48 2002-02-12 -0500, Howard Leadmon wrote:

For quite some time I have used procmail/formail to respond to incoming
mail to like abuse(_at_)abs(_dot_)net or noc(_at_)abs(_dot_)net and it worked
wonderful.  Well
I just realized the other day that it's no longer responding to mail
with the autoresponse since updating from sendmail 8.11 to the 8.12

Sounds rather like a sendmail configuration problem. Perhaps you didn't migrate your M4 config file, or you did, but your previous sendmail.cf was manually hacked for Mlocal=procmail, whereas the M4 generated config doesn't use procmail ?

release, or that seems the only real change I made that I think would
affect it.  I am running the current procmail (3.22), and the current
sendmail (8.12.2) using the smmsp security/user for sendmail.

And _what_ is LDA, or .forward ?

What does the VERBOSE procmail log say (with SOME indication that the log contents are CURRENT).

If I look at the maillog for sendmail, even at log level 14, I see no
errors, in fact I see nothing.

Hmm, you aught to address that then.

If I look at procmaillog, I see:

(snip - log contents are from WHAT date?)