Message being delivered as root

2002-02-17 23:53:57
Hello,

I'm using the following procmailrc file to create a maildir for a user if one does not already exist, and deliver the message there:

PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/bin:/usr/local/bin:.
MAILDIR=$HOME/Maildir
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/

:0 Wic
* ? test -d $MAILDIR
|/usr/local/courier-imap/bin/maildirmake $HOME/Maildir && /bin/chown -R $LOGNAME $HOME/Maildir

:0 a
*
/$HOME/Maildir/

The problem is, if the system has to create the maildir, it will deliver the message, but the file is owned by root. The maildir structure itself is owned by the user (the chown is working) but the individual message file is owned by root. Any ideas as to why this is happening, or better yet, how to fix it? This is with procmail 3.22 (I have also tried 3.21)