Re: newbie question re: huge procmail log file

2002-02-18 00:58:24
On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, LorienElf wrote:

how do i turn it off? it's 8megs now... which i would say is too big. can
i just delete it? can i turn logging off or make it be 1meg or less or
something? without doing anything too confusing?

I wouldn't recommend disabling logging entirely.  You'll suddenly wish you had
the log someday, when something goes wrong.  Instead, I recommend using some
tool to rotate the log file periodically.

Some OSs include a tool to do that, such as  newsyslog.  There are other tools
available as well -- I've got one distributed under GPL which you're welcome
to use; email me personally if you want more info about it.