Overriding system mailbox

2002-02-18 19:26:22
Fetchmail delivers my mail to ~/Mail/incoming so my

 VERBOSE=off
 MAIL=$HOME/Mail/incoming
 MAILSPOOL=$HOME/Mail/incoming
 MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
 ORGMAIL=$HOME/Mail/incoming
 DEFAULT=$HOME/Mail/incoming
 PMDIR=$HOME/.procmail
 LOGFILE=$PMDIR/log

Procmail works fine and dispatches the emails to the correct
folders according to the rules. However,  whenever  procmail
is run I get the error

 procmail: Couldn't create "/usr/mail/glassey"

/usr/mail does not exist on our system. How can I get rid of
this message?

I know from the man pages that procmail reads  this  "system
mailbox"  before  processing  my  .procmailrc  but  I  don't
understand how to override this, and why a system mailbox is
needed at all, since we already have variables like ORGMAIL,
MAILSPOOL to specify an input.

We have a very crippled fetchmail but I can at least  change
how fetchmail invokes procmail (set filter = procmail in
.procmailrc)

Thanks for you answers. I find procmail very interesting.

  olivier