Is it possible?

2002-02-19 07:49:30

Woops, fired a blank by mistake. =)

My question is:  Can procmail be made to just deliver the mail to a file with
the whole email address as the filename, and without any consultation of the
/etc/passwd file?  What I'm looking for is to have any mail that comes in for
any domain I receive mail for to be written to a file in /var/spool/mail per
the above rule.  (I am taking the mail from there and putting it in a mysql
database, and would like to be able to handle the functionality of sendmail's
"virtusertable" myself, as well as avoid the need to have /etc/passwd or
aliases entries for every user/address.)

Thanks!

Bill Sechrist
bscoder(_at_)bscoder(_dot_)com
http://www.bscoder.com