Re: procmailrc problem

2002-02-25 00:28:02
At 21:14 2002-02-24 +0100, Piotr Synowiec wrote:

FROM=`formail -x Return-Path`
SENDER=`formail -x Return-Path | sed 's/[<>]//g;s/^[ ]*//'`
                               ^
Do you understand that the PIPE ('|') symbol means that the shell must be invoked?

The FROM= can be handled without a shell, because procmail can run the command directly. Because a character from $SHELLMETAS (see 'man procmailrc') is seen in the second command, that requires shell invocation to resolve the line, and without a shell, well, you get nothing.

and how I can achieve what I need without shell for a user?

Have you tried defining $SHELL in your procmailrc?

SHELL=/bin/sh