IFS and using elm and procmail filtering

2002-02-28 12:35:02
Hello,

I'm brand new to the list, and I have browsed the archives at

   http://mailman.rwth-aachen.de/pipermail/procmail/

(too bad it's not searchable...), but I haven't seen anything
that relates to what I would like to do.
I've been reading and filtering email with elm, and up to a
point the elm filtering is okay.  Not great, but okay.

What I really, really like about elm is the "filter" program which
allows me to see statistics of my incoming email at a glance with

   filter -s

and then I can clear that particular set of statistics, with

   filter -s -c;touch ~/.elm/{filterlog,filtersum}

Okay, as I said, I'm happy with this method, but now I want to
add procmail filtering, *after* running through the elm filters.
Normally my .forward for procmail only filtering has been

"|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/local/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75 #deb"

But, this format doesn't work in elm's filter-rules.  Instead, I
could use this (by way of example):

if (to contains "deb") then executec '/usr/local/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75
#deb"

But, of course IFS doesn't get set to ' '.

Does anyone have any suggestions to set IFS?

Thanks,

deb

"If it dies, it's biology.  If it blows up, it's chemistry,
and if it doesn't work, it's physics."
                                        -- University bathroom graffito
ô¿ô
 ~