Re: procmail error when forwarding to a razor database

2002-03-03 12:31:05
At 08:37 2002-03-03 -0600, Mike Loiterman wrote:

I'm trying to set up a local mail account that I can forward messages
to so that they will be reported to the Razor database.  All that I
need to do is run the command
"| spamassassin -r"on the messages.

Why can't you just invoke this from your procmail rule?

:0
* somecondition
| spamassassin -r

Someone suggested doing an alias in /etc/mail/aliases that looked
like this:

spam:    "|/usr/bin/spamassassin -r"

I keep getting a procmail error that says "unknown user".  I am doing
"newaliases" in between each modification.

If you re-read your post, you might notice that you're not showing the procmail commands you're using to try to send mail to this user (if you're doing it from procmail, why aren't you just piping it to spamassassin, similar to what is shown above?)

The alias support and the command to run to rebuild the db both are going to be rather dependant upon what MTA you're using. I see no confirmation that you're running sendmail.

What is your prog mailer (Assuming you're using sendmail, in sendmail.cf, the "Mprog" line and the few lines after it define it). That is what should be invoking the defined alias. Have you tried running your MTA in address testing mode to confirm that it is resolving the alias? See your MTA docs.