Re: Almost useless error message

2002-03-12 15:58:50
Robin Lynn Frank <rlfrank(_at_)paradigm-omega(_dot_)com> writes:
I give up.  Why would I be getting this in response to the standard
spambouncer .procmailrc file and how can I find out what is "suspicious"????
Mar 12 15:07:32 omega procmail[4761]: Suspicious rcfile
"/home/omega13/.procmailrc"

All of procmail's error messages are documented on the procmail(1)
manpage.  In this case it says:

       Suspicious rcfile "x"  The owner of the rcfile was not the
                              recipient or  root,  the  file  was
                              world  writable,  or  the directory
                              that   contained   it   was   world
                              writable,  or  this was the default
                              rcfile ($HOME/.procmailrc) and  ei-
                              ther  it  was group writable or the
                              directory  that  contained  it  was
                              group  writable (the rcfile was not
                              used).

(That text is slightly different on machines where GROUP_PER_USER was
defined at compile time.)

So, what are the permissions and ownerships of /home/omega13 and
/home/omega13/.procmailrc?

Philip Guenther