SmartList and Procmail

2002-03-19 10:40:31
Hello,

We have recently attempted to implement Smarlist and Procmail to replace
our old listserve system.  However we have not been successful with
getting our previous mailing lists back working again.  Can anyone
direct me to a step by step setup for SmartList using Procmail on
Solaris 5.8?  We have everything configured but it just seems like one
thing is just not doing what it's supposed to.  I have been all over the
net looking for some setup docs but have yet to find a step-by-step
setup.  Maybe you can tell me if you have ever seen this before.

Here is what I am getting in my syslog.  It looks like procmail is not
passing the values in the dist file to sentmail.  I've got the VERBOSE
option set in the .procmailrc file but not getting a log file.

Mar 19 12:07:44 mailhost sendmail[4619]: [ID 801593 mail.info]
g2JH7iE04618: to="|exec /usr/local/Smar

tList/.bin/flist IS-request", ctladdr=<is-request(_at_)mailhost> (1/0),
delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:0

0, mailer=prog, pri=30604, dsn=2.0.0, stat=Sent

Thanks,

Darryl Darling
UNIX Systems Administrator
DoD Education Activity