Re: Exitcode 67

2002-03-19 14:02:51

Sean

Thank you for your help.  I will give this a try and see if it works.

As FYI to the list, one thing I found extremely helpful was using spamcop.
I know that is a sendmail thing and not procmail but it has been very
helpful.

Thanks again

|---------+----------------------------------->
|         |           PSE-L(_at_)mail(_dot_)professional(_dot_)|
|         |           org (Professional       |
|         |           Software Engineering)   |
|         |           Sent by:                |
|         |           procmail-admin(_at_)Lists(_dot_)RWT|
|         |           H-Aachen.DE             |
|         |                                   |
|         |                                   |
|         |           03/19/2002 01:40 PM     |
|         |           Please respond to       |
|         |           procmail-users          |
|         |                                   |
|---------+----------------------------------->

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

  |       To:       procmail-users(_at_)procmail(_dot_)org
                                                            |
  |       cc:
                                                 |
  |       Subject:  Re: Exitcode 67

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

At 13:08 2002-03-19 -0600, SMORRIS(_at_)UP(_dot_)COM did say:

I have a question...  For whatever reason despite all of my efforts, when
use exitcode 67 in a procmail script, the spam still gets delivered to the
recipient.  A 'no such user' message does go back to the sender, but the
users still has the problem that he received the spam.

You really should become familiar with using the procmail LOG then.  Set
'VERBOSE=ON' and send one of these test messages and see what procmail says
in the log.  Have you considered that you may have a recipe BEFORE the spam
filtering one which catches the mail and delivers it?

[snip]
But it did not work. The mail would go to spam, but no return mail would
bounce back as no such user to the spammer.

FTR, since most spammers are spoofing their addresses and not cleaning
their address lists anyway, there isn't a lot of use in bouncing.  Yes, it
beats sending an autoreply text, but perhaps it should be reserved for
_twits_ (real people you just don't want mail from) instead of spammers.

If you're going to WRITE to a file, you should use LOCKING.

Is there a way to do something like this (I hope you can follow my logic):

[snip]

:0Bc:
* some condition
spam